Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday treats!

Almost every year I try to make holidays treats for teachers, friends, neighbors, etc. My mom has always made (many) of these candies for the holiday season.  I enjoy baking very much, and so I love the process and the packaging fun. Here are a few pictures and recipes to try.





















Santas Whiskers are my favorite, mostly because they are so easy to make. For any occasion, as a hostess gift, school party, etc.

recipe:
1 package Butterscotch morsels
1 can chinese noodles

Put morsels in a ceramic or glass bowl, put in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Put back in micro for about 55 seconds more. Stir. Keep stirring until smooth. Pour noodles into bowl. Stir to coat noodles with melted butter scotch. Drop on wax paper. Let harden. Yum.





















Chocolate Coconut Balls. I always find myself going for these. They are additive. They consist of melted chocolate morsels, pecans, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, mix, cool, roll into balls while soft and then into sweet shredded coconut!!






















Most Hannukahs I make this fun take on the dreidel. Kisses, marshmellows, pretzel sticks, white icing as glue, blue icing for letters. Let's hope you don't get NUN. Ha, Ha!






















The Divinity Fudge





















This recipe is pretty difficult, I've only been making these for a few years. I loved these so much when I was a kid. Soft Ball... Hard Ball...Very exact. But so worth the effort!!






















The Hello Dolly.

This one was not in my mother's repertoire. But I like these for their ease. And you can add anything into them you like.

I use:
1 cup whole oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (or whatever nuts you have around;)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (I add a little more)
5 tblsp butter melted
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
Here's where you add whatever else...

Oven at 350. 9 inch metal baking pan, lined with tin foil and buttered. Toss all the dry stuff together in a bowl. Beat egg, butter and vanilla in another bowl. Add to dry mix, stir and pour into pan. Pat and cook for about 25 minutes are until brown on top.























This year we made something for our friends, canine friends. Peanut butter honey dog treats. It was a lot of fun! Mathilda and her friend Gabby did most of the work.





















We gathered all the goodies into take out containers.






















Added some ribbon and custom printed tags. And off to deliver.





The dog treats were separated into their own bags, so not to be confused. 

No comments: